Search

Online Users

In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 278 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:41 am

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Videos

How to extract content from .TGR files in Kohan IS?

KIS/KAG User to User Support

• I've surprisingly still got the original CD-ROM, although I believe mine may be a later re-release as the copyright date on the back of the CD case, as well as the modification date of some files on the CD-ROM are listed as 2002 whereas this game came out in 2001. I'm interested in extracting graphics and such from the game and in general, checking to see if the game has any unused content, in order to potentially make an article for Kohan Immortal Sovereigns over at TCRF.net (a cut content wiki).

I'm not sure how to extract things from the .TGW files, which is where I assume the content is. The download for the "Kohan TGW packer 1.00" thing doesn't seem to be functional/have a download link? Or am I missing something?

Also, since I may need to run the game, and I'm running Win7 on my PC, are there any patches I'm going to need or steps to do to get the game to run right?

Thanks for any help!

Ok I can extract TGWs, but how do I view TGR images?
    Last edited by kohanmodder on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kohanmodder
    Shadeling
    Shadeling

• I've used Total Commander to extract things in the .tgw files. It's an old program but it works, if you get the .tgw plugin from somewhere here on this site. I did look around for the links but it seems I can't find them on the forum. I'm absolutely sure I was directed to that program from here.

**EDIT**

I've found it here: TC Plugin

Running the game should work fine on Windows 7, it's only from 8 onwards that you start to suffer from rendering issues and framerate problems.
    BoNT
    Shadeling
    Shadeling

• Edited: Ok so I've got TC installed, got the plugin installed, I can now browse the TGW files.

However, all the files for graphics are in TGR format. How do I examine these? Is there a Photoshop CC 2019 plugin for viewing TGR?

kohanmodder
    Shadeling
    Shadeling

• If I recall, they were in some sort of proprietary format of TimeGate's. I don't think we were ever given the tools to decompress the image files.
    Chimaeros
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Return to Tech Support

Information